For non-EU citizens, resident abroad
– June, 30th 2019: deadline to apply
– July, 2019: deadline to submit the formal pre-application to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in the home country.
By this deadline the applicant has to submit to the Embassy or Consulate also the admission letter
VERY IMPORTANT: non-EU citizens resident abroad who do not have an Italian residence permit, must also submit their formal pre-application to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country, by June 2019 (the official date will be published at the link indicated above)
For everyone else
– July 12nd, 2019 – h. 12.00 noon (italian local time CEST) deadline to apply.
1. Undergraduate degree
– in economics, political science, related subjects or subjects with an important quantitative content (e.g. mathematics, statistics, etc.)
– the bachelor degree has to be obtained by December 31st, 2019.
2. English language proficiency
The knowledge of English will be assessed during the admission interview. A good score in the IELTS or TOEFL certification will be considered as an added value to the application.
3. Crash Courses attendance
Depending on their academic background, candidates may be asked to attend crash courses in Mathematics, Microeconomics and Statistics, to be held at the end of August for three weeks.
However, the attendance is recommended to all admitted students
4. GRE or GMAT certification
A GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) is considered as an added value to the application.
Applicants meeting all these academic requirements must apply on line. If considered eligible, they will be invited to an interview.
The admission process consists of:
– Online application
– Interview (skype or in presence)
The application must be submitted online, through the proper service “admission” (choose ‘Servizi di ammissione – Admission’. Then click on ‘2. Master programmes without entrance examination’)
Before that, you have to login into the system, by following the instructions provided at this page
You will be asked to:
1) fill out the online application form
2) upload the following documents:
– transcript of records: graduation certificate(s) issued by the competent University and transcript(s) recording exams taken, grades and credits in English or Italian
– Passport/ID card
– Letter of motivation in English
– Europass curriculum vitae in English
– at least one recommendation letter* from faculty (in English)
– IELTS/TOEFL (optional)
– GRE/GMAT (optional)
*The recommendation letter has to be sent directly from the Referee to email@example.com.
Online, to go on with the procedure, applicants can upload a blank page.
3) Pay the application fee (30 euro, not refundable)
The payment form is available at the end of the application procedure. Online payments via credit cards are allowed.
IMPORTANT: there is no Italian test to pass.
After having received your application, the EPS admissions committee will evaluate your academic background and inform you if you have been selected for an interview.
From March to July 2019 eligible applicants will be interviewed either via skype or in person.
The interview aims at ascertaining the applicants’ motivations as well as their personal knowledge, competences, and skills in the core areas of the EPS programme. For an idea of the appropriate level of knowledge, competences, and skills, candidates may consult the following textbooks:
– Blanchard O., Macroeconomics, 5th edition, Pearson Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, N.J., 2010 or previous.
– Varian H., Intermediate Microeconomics. A Modern Approach, 8th edition, Norton, New York, N.Y., 2009 or previous.
– Clark W.R., Golder M. and Golder S.N., 2nd edition, Principles of Comparative politics, Washington DC, CQ Press 2012 or previous
Quantitative methods (introductory calculus and linear algebra):
– Haeusserl E. F., R. S. Paul, R. J. Wood, Introductory Mathematical Analysis for Business, Economics, and the Life and Social Sciences, 13th edition or previous, Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, 2010 or previous. Chapters: 0-6, 9-19.
– Simon C. P., L. Blume, Mathematics for Economists, W.W. Norton and Co., New York and London, 1994. Chapters 1-11.
The EPS admission committee will communicate the result of the evaluation by e‐mail about one week after the interview.